Hi,Welcome to Shenzhen Print-Rite electric machinery and Equipment Co., Ltd.
How much do you know about the performance of the LED drive power supply?
What is the LED drive power supply? How much do you know about the performance of the LED drive power supply? Below, professional LED drive power producer, domestic strength brand Shun Yi Xiang photoelectric to explain to you:
The LED drive power supply is a voltage converter that converts power supply to a specific voltage current to drive LED. In general, the input of the LED drive power supply includes high voltage power frequency AC (that is, city electricity), low voltage DC, HVDC, low voltage and high frequency AC (such as the output of electronic transformer). The output of the LED driver is mostly a constant current source which can change the voltage with the change of LED forward voltage drop.
Nine major performance requirements of LED drive power supply
According to the power consumption rules of the power grid and the characteristics of the LED drive power, the following nine performance characteristics should be considered when selecting and designing the LED drive power supply:
1. high reliability, especially the driving power of LED street lamp, is installed at high altitude. It is inconvenient to maintain and costly to maintain.
2. high efficiency LED is an energy-saving product, and the efficiency of driving power is high. It is particularly important for the structure of the power installed inside the luminaire. Because the luminous efficiency of LED decreases with the increase of LED temperature, the heat dissipation of LED is very important. The efficiency of the power supply is high, its power consumption is small, the heat in the luminaire is small, and the temperature rise of the luminaire is also reduced. It is beneficial to delay the light failure of LED.
3. high power factor and power factor are the requirements of power grid to load. Generally, there are no mandatory indicators for electrical appliances below 70 watts. Although the power factor of a single electric appliance is low, it has little influence on the power grid, but at night, people light and the same kind of load is too concentrated, which will produce more serious pollution to the power grid. For the 30 watts ~40 watts LED drive power, it is said that in the near future, there may be some requirements for power factor.
4. there are two ways of driving now: one is a constant voltage source for multiple constant current sources, and each constant current source is supplied to each LED individually. This way, the combination of flexible, LED failure all the way, does not affect the work of other LED, but the cost will be slightly higher. The other is direct constant current power supply, and LED runs in series or parallel. Its advantage is low cost, but poor flexibility, but also to solve a LED failure, does not affect other LED running problems. The two forms coexist in a period of time. Multi way constant current output power supply will be better in terms of cost and performance. Maybe it's the main direction in the future.
5. surge protection LED is relatively poor in surge resistance, especially anti reverse voltage capability. It is also important to strengthen the protection in this area. Some LED lights are outdoors, such as LED street lights. Because of the power grid load and the induction of lightning, various surge will be invaded from the power grid system, and some surge will lead to LED damage. Therefore, the LED drive power supply should have the ability to suppress the surge invasion and protect the LED from damage.
6. protection function power supply besides conventional protection function, it is best to increase LED temperature negative feedback in constant current output to prevent LED temperature too high.
7. protection, lamps and lanterns are installed outside, the power supply structure should be waterproof and moistureproof, and the shell must be light resistant.
8. The life of driving power supply should match the life of LED.
9. should comply with the requirements of safety regulations and electromagnetic compatibility.
With the increasing application of LED, the performance of LED drive power will be more and more suitable for LED.